- Students will apply fix-it strategies to new words.
- Students will apply metacognitive strategies to what they already know about new words.
- Students will rate themselves as new word learners.
- Students will apply good listening skills to a story reading.
- Students will grasp the main idea of a story.
- Students will identify story elements to include character, setting, problem, motive, solution.
- Students will independently time themselves when reading online print to be able to make effective decisions when researching.
- Students will scan and surf the internet efficiently and successfully by applying self-timing strategies.
- Students will know how to identify distractors when surfing on the Internet.
- Students will apply knowledge of distractors to a sense of timing for effective and efficient web navigation and digital reading.
- Students will increase digital reading comprehension and memory by identifying and avoiding distractors.
- Students will apply independent decision-making to develop time and attention for effective scanning and surfing on the internet.
- Students will develop a sense of timing when searching and using multiple applications on the World Wide Web.
Skills Focus: Web Navigation, Critical Thinking
- Students will develop capacity for understanding complex concepts through mapping.
- Students will connect words and phrases with ideas and concepts.
- Students will identify and recall the meaning of words read in context.
Skills Focus: Vocabulary, Comprehension, Concept Development