Formative Classroom Assessments for ESOL Students
- Plan and practice with various assessment types, tools, and resources.
- Match grade-level formative assessment criteria to curriculum and instruction.
- Progress monitor students and make adjustments that support language growth.
- Use formative assessment data to plan for effective instruction.
Response to Intervention (RtI) Best Practices
- Participants will to use evidence-based Response to Instruction (RtI) models to close achievement gaps among Tiers II and III students.
- Participants will progress monitor using evidence-based tools to deliver effective and timely multi-tiered interventions to students.
- Participants will plan, adopt and/or adapt and design RtI curriculum that meets the instructional needs of Tiers II and III students.
Student Data: What, How, and Next Steps
- Participants analyze a range of student data, both formative and summative.
- Participants will make Instructional decisions based on data and gap analysis.
- Participants will plan and take action steps needed to design curriculum specific to student needs.
Using Smart Assessment Data
- Analyze and discuss a range of formative and summative assessment data
- Use data discussion protocols to discuss and develop action plans
- Develop action plans for the on-going and systematic use of data in instructional decisions.
- Analyze formative and assessment data.
- Analyze student work products as data.
- Use discussion protocols to engage feedback about student work products.
- Use formative and summative data to design individualized student learning plans.