- Understand the most effective UBD approaches in curriculum design.
- Understand and practice with the design of effective essential questions.
- Design their own essential questions that move students deeper into text.
- Apply questioning and UBD techniques that promote critical thinking among students.
- Examine and discuss cognitive sciences behind educational pedagogy.
- Analyze evidence-based cognitive classroom practices.
- Adopt and adapt a multi-sensory curriculum that integrates cognitive-friendly teaching practices.
- Field test, discuss, and adapt new practices through classroom implementation.
- Understand and apply the theory behind differentiation, and how it helps to meet the needs of students in diverse classrooms.
- Examine and discuss evidence-based strategies for differentiation applied in, and appropriate for, multiple content areas.
- Select, practice, and apply strategies for differentiation to multiple content areas in individual classrooms.